Naturtint color product review – Light Dawn Blonde – plant based permanent hair color
Found Naturtint plant based permanent hair color at my local Sprouts Farmer’s Market about 8 months ago. I wanted to give it a good go before writing this review. I have to say, I’m thrilled with it.
As my previous blog posts reveal, I have issues with itching (since cleared up by Kvass – read about that here). I used Loreal Excellence hair color for the last probably 20 years. When I would color my hair, even on the kvass, my head would itch like mad. But, I didn’t care lol. Some things you suffer for, like eclairs… I digress.
So, despite it being about $5 more per box of Loreal, I thought, I’m working so hard with food and even other products, might as well give it a go and see if it helps.
With the Loreal Excellence, I didn’t use a color protecting shampoo but, with the Naturtint being more expensive, I thought it might give it it’s best chance, so I bought the shampoo, conditioner and the leave in conditioner ($$$$). There was a sample size that you use during the process of coloring and it seemed good so I figured it was a safe bet. That review is here: Naturatint shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner.
Spoiler alert: While the leave-in conditioner was a winner, I did not like the shampoo or conditioner as much as: Other shampoo, conditioner
Overall review of the Naturatint experience:
- Easy to use, no more or less difficult than L’Oréal.
- You do wash and condition after coloring, you only condition with L’Oréal.
- Same amount of processing time. I only did my roots so 20 mins on the roots and then I add a little more but not all the way to the ends for 10 mins.
- The smell was not as offensive as L’Oréal Excellence. I didn’t have any burn or itch.
- The color was thorough and still left me with beautiful highlights, so you can’t tell I didn’t go to the salon.
- My ends responded well and my hair had great volume and shine.
- With the Other color shampoo, the color job lasts slightly longer than L’Oréal Excellence.
- They sell this color at my local grocery and at Target but it’s a lot less expensive on Amazon.
- Overall, after two decades + of using L’Oréal Excellence, I’ve now switched to Naturatint.
Here are some images from the first time I colored with it.
If you want to give it a try, you can find it on Amazon below. I’m just putting in a few colors, if you want to see what else they have just follow the link and search Naturtint…
This is the one I use, Light Dawn Blonde, I mean, c’mon, it’s got my name in it ;).
Click here for the Shikai Shampoo and Conditioner review that I ended up going with and continue to use now 8 months later.
Some other colors. Just click on the image to go to the listing:
If you like my site and want to help keep it going, there are many ways you can support my efforts here: http://goingbeyondcoping.com/support-going-beyond-coping-blog/